Sunday, May 3, 2009

Here's to John Glenn

Two friends of mine are having lunch with John and Annie Glenn tomorrow - at the Glenns' invitation!! While trying desperately not to be overwhelmed with envy, I thought I would put up this photo of something from my collection in the Senator's honor.

I meant to wear this button at Spacefest but forgot to take it with me. It's definitely going with me to the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation's Astronaut Autograph and Memorabilia Show in November!

Whilst awaiting delivery of my tasty quad venti skim latte at Starbucks this morning prior to church, a man walked up to me and asked if I had ever been involved with the Space Station Freedom program. I told him that I had, in 1987-1989. He said that sounded like the right time frame. He said he was from JPL and he knew he recognized me from then. He then said, "You were Chris Kraft's replacement at Johnson Space Center, right?" That's where I had to say "no." He said that I am a dead ringer for the fellow that stepped in for Kraft after Kraft retired in 1982, when it was announced that the Space Station program would be managed in the Washington, DC area.

No comments: